Sunday 20 September 2015

Day One

We started off our first week by bringing in 6 sentiment objects. Of course I forgot mine but managed to find on myself and in my bag 6 objects which mean a lot to me. We tried a variety of skills/method drawing these objects. The first way we drew with was the traditional method (I used a pencil) and we had the longest amount of time to draw this object. 
You would think the most traditional way and way we were used to mainly drawing would instantly mean that this would be the best outcome of all our drawings but of course even with this method there are flaws as not every detail will look precise or correct (such as the front leg being longer/thicker and the facial area not being precise enough). But I found that by trying different methods throughout that day such as feeling an object and drawing it with your eyes closed to drawing with the hand you do not usually write with (see image below). 
That you found different techniques that had outcomes that differed from the usual but we're interesting in design. I found my drawing of my lunchbox, drawn the the hand I don't usually draw with quite interesting as it ended up being a line drawing yet could easily be something a child drew. I think it is the rawness and looseness in the image that I find myself engaging with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment