Saturday 10 October 2015

Graphics - Poetic Migration

At the beginning we were told our topic for the week would be about migration which led to our being given an individual task outside of the classroom to create a poster on poetic migration and what it means to us. 
I felt that this related back to the first exhibition I went to go see before stating my 3D pathway - 70 years of migration.
The direction to take on making the poster was left up to us. 
This left me with a mind blank as I did not understand the term poetic migration and was told it could mean something different to every person. I started by focusing on the term migration as I knew once I understood this, I may understand the aim of the poster. 
I instantly thought about making a poster which was visually easy to understand for viewers of a large age range. 

I initially started out by mind mapping what I thought when hearing the term poetic migration before thinking about different possible ideas I can use within my poster. 
Initially I was going to include words but felt it was unnecessary and could take away from the bold direct meaning I felt the image could deploy by itself.


I think my imagery states the fact it is about migration but leaves it up tot he viewer to decide whether it is the pink person who has migrated or whether it was the black people who had migrated; especially as the world and economy that we live in has led to people to needing to migrate for different reasons. 

Though I struggled at the beginning, once I understood what poetic migration meant to me - I was able to create a poster which I felt would explain to others what I felt poetic migration meant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment