Saturday 10 October 2015

Graphics - Typography Experimentation

We started the day looking at graphical images rather than text. 
To get us loose in thought we had tasks similar to the ones we'd previously done in 3D but these were all drawing of people. One of the tasks was to draw someone on our table with our pencil in our mouth, another we did with our eyes closed, another a liner drawing and another with the hand we do not normally draw with. 
Though I do not think my drawings turned out well, I enjoyed the task and saw it more as a loosening exercise. 

Our next task was to draw an ear on A1 paper. This was more of a graphical image task that the prior ones I felt. 
When I first started drawing the ear I did not understand why we were doing this and I though graphics was more typography based, but realised that from the slideshow we had first seen at the beginning of the lesson that it was very image based and that graphics was a collection of ideas pieced together form the colours, to the font, to the background and the message it is trying to send across as well as it being directed at the right audience. 



I was not pleased with my outcome as no depth was really shown in my image and thought more could have been done. 

But when our time was up and we were told to bring them down to level 4 it was interesting to see the different drawings and different ways which other people had drawn theirs ears and made me think about how next time when drawing, I should step more out of my comfort zone. As well as be more aware of the time I have to do tasks. 


We then we back upstairs to the classroom once we had all looked at each others and started our next task which was based around typography. Our aim was to use absurd marks to create letters that weren't conventional. I found this quite hard because I thought what can I do to make letter without drawing straight out the letters. Though I found this hard I still did it. 

If I were to have repeated the task I would have gone into it more open-mindedly rather than thinking about how they would directly represent a letter. But am glad I still had an outcome that I was pleased with though it took a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment